What ADHD Feels Like
Before I knew I had ADHD, there were a great many things that frustrated me, and I had no idea why. Things that would happen again and again – like making someone mad at me, and not knowing why.
Or walking into the kitchen and forgetting why I went there. Then walking back to the bedroom, and remembering why I went into the kitchen. Back to the kitchen. Forgot again. Repeat.
An article I just read on additude.com, “Life as an ADD Doctor” mentions a few of these recurring ADHD themes, so I thought I’d start sharing them. Following are some great one-liners from the article. Tell me how many of these make you say, “I know what that feels like!”
..my body’s odd rhythms pump me full of energy at a time when no one else is awake.
I spent my life hearing, “…If you would just try a little harder….”
People whom I don’t realize I have irritated explode in my face.
I struggle with which view to take, and I sadly conclude that both are accurate.
For years, my mantra was “Fake it till you make it!”
The full article is here. While reading these, don’t feel bad; just know that you’re not struggling alone.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Why I Got My IQ Tested (And You Should Too)
- You’re Not Lazy.
- Eliminate Paper: Creating a Digital Office
- howcast.com: Learn the Things You Were Too Embarrassed to Ask About
- Intelligence Tests (and Other Brain Tests) and What They Taught Me
- Sleep Hacks for ADHD People
- The Alexander Technique, Back Pain and ADHD
- My Recent Brain-Healthy Diet and Self-Control
- Impulse Spending
- Programmers with ADHD – 10 Productivity Tips